2008年10月8日

From Paul

It seemed like I finally met you in person (literally early September) and only two weeks later you were taken away from us. It doesn’t seem fair. In our short time together I have a special memory which really showed me the kind of person you were:

Our first day together in Taipei I shared my continued struggle to find a “good” book with Chinese sayings or clichés. The next day before I left you not only gave me a great book of Chinese sayings, but also a spreadsheet which categorized all the stories into groups based on how common they are in today’s China. It is a thoughtful gift which revealed your kind and giving nature. I remember your warm smile as you told stories about your wife and young son over morning coffee…I could see how proud you were of your family. And when I bring my family to visit Taiwan we will make heavy use of the maps and advice you gave to me. After I left Taipei I told my wife these stories because your warmth was very touching...you have set a lofty standard of kindness and compassion which we should all try to reach.

I pray your family is comforted in knowing how you touched the lives of so many people, and your memory will surely live on in our hearts. My prayers are with your family and the entire Taipei office as well. I know you would want us to keep our spirits up which is easier when we remember your warm and kind smile. Thank you!

With warmest and highest regards,

Paul

沒有留言: